Good news for everybody owning the Sharp 550SH. There’s a recent post coming from xda-developer forum giving hints on how to Update and install Android 6.0 Marshmallow using custom ROM on Sharp 550SH.
The Android 6.0 Marshmallow comes with various advantages and features, but the obvious one is the performance improvement. The new OS offer up to 4 times of performance improvements, along with faster and more powerful computing. Google also claimed that the Android 6.0 Marshmallow can extend your device’s battery life by up to 90 minutes. It’s a must-have upgrade for every Sharp 550SH owners!
The new Android 6.0 Marshmallow comes with many new features :
- Mobile payments (Android Pay) feature.
- Better RAM Management.
- Fingerprint support.
- A battery saver feature which extends device use by up to 90 mins.
- It has a faster, smoother and more powerful computing experience.
- Support for 64-bit SoCs using ARM, x86, and MIPS-based cores.
- and other cool features.
Before you upgrade your device, there are some things you need to consider. First is you should back up all of your personal data on your smartphone. You also have to enable the USB Debugging is enabled. Last but not least, it is highly recommended to have the Sharp 550SH fully charged. Therefore, you can be sure that the phone can stay on during the whole process.
How to Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow ROM on Sharp 550SH
The ROM File size is big, so I split the file into 3 parts :
- Download ROM Part 1 : ROM Part 1 or via Mirror
- Download ROM Part 2 : ROM Part 2 or via Mirror
- Download ROM Part 3 : ROM Part 3 or via Mirror
2. Visit Google Play Store and then download and install the ROM Manager on your Sharp 550SH. Alternatively, you can try using alternative application such as Jrummy Apps Inc.(Get it from Google Play Store).
3. Next, download and install the Clockwork Mod Recovery on your Sharp 550SH.
4. Connect the phone to your PC via USB cable. Copy the Rom.zip file to your phone’s memory card.
5. Restart the phone in Recovery Mode using the ROM Manager. After the restart is completed, open the ROM Manager again and backup your personal information.
6. Go to Recovery Menu and perform the total data erase. After that, go back to Recovery Main Menu and choose the Flash ROM from SD Card. Navigate to the folder in which your Rom.zip is located, and follow the directions for installing Android 6.0 Marshmallow on your Sharp 550SH. As soon as the installation is over, just reboot your Sharp 550SH device, and here you go, you’ve just upgraded it to the new Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
There you go. It’s very easy to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow ROM on Sharp 550SH, isn’t it? Below are some pictures of Android 6.0 Marshmallow.